- Go watch the Nora Roberts movie Monday, January 29th on Lifetime at 9:00. It's Angels Fall and there will be three more, Montana Sky, Blue Smoke and Carolina Moon, for the next 3 Mondays! Though none of them are Silhouettes (sniff) they are all Nora's, so they are wonderful stories. We not only should support our very own national treasure, we need to show Lifetime there is a real audience for stories that deliver a feel-good experience. Consider it your job.
- Angela Bassett and her husband Courtney B. Vance wrote a book, FRIENDS: A LOVE STORY, detailing the story of their lives, courtship, marriage and the recent birth of their twins. It's coming out this February--Black History month and Valentine's, is that perfect or what?
- I got a chance to read the proposal and found it opened a window into a intriguing world I knew little about. Mavis Allen, their Kimani editor, found the final story "a fascinating and intimate look at two highly talented, complex artists' emotional, spiritual and romantic journey. It gave me a glimpse of two very public people's private world. I found it riveting."
- The book will be published on Valentine’s Day, Feb 14th, 2007.
- For those who don't bother to click:"There are some real insights here. The first is that having 'competitors' band together to gain attention is really smart and really rare...By using the Net to coordinate their audiences, they all win.
- The second brilliancy is that the only people who want to win the prize are the people who'd like to get the newsletter... Instead, what they've done is created an easy way for one thriller reader to introduce the newsletter to another... "hey, I know you like Stuart Woods, check this out...
- Wanna bet that newsletter subscribers end up buying more books?"
- MJ is highly websavvy--check out her blog Buzz, Balls and Hype. I think she occasionally offers courses.
- PW has starred review of MCKETTRICK'S PRIDE by Linda Lael Miller. HQN Books, coming out in March, 2007.
In February, Harlequin Romance will combine the best of both the Harlequin and Silhouette Romance stories in a six title a month line.